TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK
Jump into the spinning Rock Cycle with this kit from Mini Me Geology. The Rock Cycle Kit has 20 large rock and mineral samples and a full-color PDF eBook that will teach you about the properties of rocks and minerals, how the Rock Cycle works every day throughout our Earth and helps you to learn about geology through activities and puzzles. You will be fascinated by how minerals turn into rocks; rocks turn into different rocks then break down again into particles of sediment ready to begin the cycle again.
Our new and improved box includes secure storage so your samples will stay in their own compartment, foam cushioning, and the name of each sample beneath the foam so you can be sure that you are identifying your samples properly.
Kids and teens love this kit because of the large rock and mineral samples and the information, activities, and puzzles in the eBook. Teachers and parents love the kit because it teaches experiment testing, deductive reasoning, and thinking skills.
Each kit includes:
- Mini Me Geology custom Hand Lens with 3X and 6X magnifications
- 5 Large Mineral Samples: blue calcite, quartz, microcline feldspar, augite, and biotite mica,
- 5 Large Igneous Rock Samples: basalt, gabbro, rhyolite, syenite, and granite,
- 5 Large Sedimentary Rock Samples: fossiliferous limestone, sandstone, shale, arkose, and conglomerate,
- 5 Large Metamorphic Rock Samples: marble, gneiss, amphibolite, quartzite and slate, and
- a downloadable 36 page, full-color Activity eBook that includes information on all of your samples, rock, and mineral flow charts for identification activities, pages to create your own geologistís notebook, rock cycle information, and activities, and word puzzles. A link to download the eBook is included in the kit.
Watch this video to learn more about the Rock Cycle Kit. (This video was recorded before we upgraded the box and made the eBook downloadable.)
Samples obtained worldwide.
Assembled in the USA.
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD Small Parts. Not for children under 3 years.
May have sharp edges.