Immerse yourself in geology with this Colossal Rock & Mineral Kit from Mini Me Geology. This two-box kit includes 10 samples each of minerals, igneous rocks, sedimentary rocks and metamorphic. You will love this kit whether you are new to geology or a seasoned rockhound. You will learn about the color, streak, crystal shape, hardness, luster, special features, common locations and uses of minerals while discovering and the different colors, textures, mineral content, uses and properties of rocks as you observe and test your new samples.
Kids and teens love this kit because of the large selection and the unique colors, textures and properties of the minerals and rocks. Teachers and parents love the kit because it teaches experiment testing, deductive reasoning and thinking skills.
Our new and improved box includes secure storage so your samples will stay in their own compartment, foam cushioning, and the name of each sample beneath the foam so you can be sure that you are identifying your samples properly.
Each kit includes:
- Mini Me Geology custom Hand Lens with 3X and 6X magnifications.
- White and Black Streak Plates.
- 10 Large Mineral Samples: amethyst, augite, calcite, fluorite, gypsum, halite, kyanite, magnetite, olivine, and sodalite.
- 10 Large Igneous Rock Samples: basalt, granite, monzonite, obsidian, pegmatite, pumice, rhyolite, syenite, trachyte and volcanic breccia.
- 10 Large Sedimentary Rock Samples: arkose, bituminous coal, conglomerate, coquina, loess, limestone, sandstone, shale, siltstone, and oolitic limestone.
- 10 Large Metamorphic Rock Samples: amphibolite, gneiss, hornfels, marble, phyllite, quartzite, mica schist, slate, garnet schist, and anthracite coal.
- 4 Identification Posters for your samples: Minerals, Igneous Rocks, Metamorphic Rocks and Sedimentary rocks that include identification information, features, locations and uses of each sample.
Samples obtained worldwide.
Assembled in the USA.
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD-Small Parts. Not for children under 3 years.
May have sharp edges.