Teaching Sedimentary Rocks is a complete lesson plan and guide for teachers who include Earth Science in their STEM curriculum. Designed by a professional Geologist, this complete lesson plan has a list of activities, a suggested supply list for each activity and all of the information, experiments, and worksheets needed for your students. You will need several mineral samples for this lesson, but many of the experiments can be adjusted to the samples you have on hand.
The lessons and activities include:
- Activity #1:Decorate a Rock and Mineral Kit Box and Folder
- Activity #2:Sedimentary Rock Word Find Puzzle
- Activity #3: All About Sedimentary Rocks Lesson
- Activity #4:Limestone Fizz Test Experiment
- Activity #5:Identifying Minerals from My Rockiní Collection Sedimentary Rocks Deluxe Kit
- Activity #6:Disappearing Water Experiment
- Activity #7:Rock Layer Folding Experiment
- Activity #8: Identify Sedimentary Rocks Samples to Keep
- Bonus Material: Sedimentary Rock Image Gallery
This lesson is useful for kids ages 8 and up. Please contact us if you have questions about the information and lessons in Teaching Sedimentary Rocks.
This is a digital file. Once your order is complete, we will send you an email within 24-hours with a link to download your Teaching Sedimentary Rocks eBook. You may print the pages as many times as you like.