Teaching Metamorphic Rocks is a complete lesson plan and guide for teachers who include Earth Science in their STEM curriculum. Designed by a Professional Geologist, this complete lesson plan has a list of activities, a suggested supply list for each activity, and all of the information, experiments, and worksheets needed for your students. You will need several mineral samples for this lesson, but many of the experiments can be adjusted to the samples you have on hand.
The lessons and activities include:
- Activity #1:Decorate a Rock and Mineral Kit Box and Folder
- Activity #2:Metamorphic Rock Word Find Puzzle
- Activity #3: All About Metamorphic Rocks Lesson
- Activity #4:Comparing Metamorphic and Parent Rocks
- Activity #5:Identifying Minerals from My Rockiní Collection Metamorphic Rocks Deluxe Kit
- Activity #6:Bread Rocks Experiment (High P, Low T)
- Activity #7:Chocolate Chip Cookie Experiment (Low P, High T)
- Activity #8: Identify Metamorphic Rocks Samples to Keep
- Bonus Material: Metamorphic Rock Image Gallery
This lesson is useful for kids ages 8 and up. Please contact us if you have questions about the information and lessons in Teaching Metamorphic Rocks.
This is a digital file. Once your order is complete, we will send you an email within 24-hours with a link to download your Teaching Metamorphic Rocks eBook. You may print the pages as many times as you like.