|Product Catalog > The 12 Days of Christmas Bundles! > 8th Day: Colossal Kit, Help Book, Santa's Coal|
8th Day: Colossal Kit, Help Book, Santa's Coal
Colossal Rock & Mineral Kit
Immerse yourself in geology with this Colossal Rock & Mineral Kit from Mini Me Geology. This two box kit includes 10 samples each of minerals, igneous rocks, sedimentary rocks and metamorphic. You will love this kit whether you are new to geology or a seasoned rockhound. You will learn about the color, streak, crystal shape, hardness, luster, special features, common locations and uses of minerals while discovering and the different colors, textures, mineral content, uses and properties of rocks as you observe and test your new samples.
Each kit includes:
- Mini Me Geology custom Hand Lens with 3X and 6X magnifications
- White and Black Streak Plates
- 10 Large Mineral Samples: amethyst, augite, calcite, fluorite, gypsum, halite, kyanite, magnetite, olivine and sodalite
- 10 Large Igneous Rock Samples: basalt, granite, monzonite, obsidian, pegmatite, pumice, rhyolite, syenite, trachyte and volcanic breccia
- 10 Large Sedimentary Rock Samples: arkose, bituminous coal, conglomerate, coquina, loess, limestone, sandstone, shale, siltstone and oolitic limestone
- 10 Large Metamorphic Rock Samples: amphibolite, gneiss, hornfels, marble, phyllite, quartzite, mica schist, slate, garnet schist and anthracite coal
- 4 Identification Posters for your samples: Minerals, Igneous Rocks, Metamorphic Rocks and Sedimentary rocks that include identification information, features, locations and uses of each sample
Help, I Have to Teach Rock and Mineral Identification and Iím Not a Geologist!
Help, I Have to Teach Rock and Mineral Identification and Iím Not a Geologist! is the definitive guide for teachers and home school parents who teach geology. This book provides the details that an elementary, middle school, or high school teacher or parent needs to adequately explain the properties of rocks and minerals and how to identify one sample from another. The book includes:
- Detailed explanations of rock and mineral properties
- Suggested groups of samples for identification
- Flow charts and property record worksheets
- Lists of common rocks and minerals with their properties and features
- Image galleries of over 100 common rocks and minerals
If you need a little assistance teaching your students or simply finding new ways to explain the concepts, this book is for you.
Let Santa give the gift of coal this holiday season! Each bag contains
three (3) pieces of real anthracite coal in a red fabric bag with a gift
tag from Santa! Great for stocking or office gifts.
Each piece of coal is approximately 1 inch to 2 inches in size. The red gift bag measures 3 inches wide x 4 inches high. Each order includes one (1) bag, one (1) gift tag and three (3) pieces of coal.